Thursday 3 April 2014

Hey yo! To all the smexies out there reading this!
Today, I am going to share my experience
while doing my challenge at Charlie Brown Café  !


Cathay Cineleisure Orchard, #04-01
Opening 11am to 11pm, daily
Tel: (+65)  6836 6844 
Fax: (+65) 6547 4735


I arrived at 9:30AM to meet my team which were Weiting, Joey and myself.


Presenting my team members
Right: Joey - chef of the day
Middle: Weiting - camerawoman of the day
Left: Smexy me! - the everyone's assistant of the day



We went through a session of planning and discussion to prepare ourselves.
 After planning and grabbing a bite, we headed to the café at about 10:25AM
All ready........ for our challenge which will commence at 10:30AM !



Charlie Brown Café 

Charlie Brown Café really puts effort into furnishing and decorating the whole place.
Check this out!


Glowing Charlie


You will see this picture of a glowing Charlie inside the cafe at the entrance,
neatly designed on the ground!

Upon arriving, we found out that the previous teams have yet to complete their turn.
But the good thing is, we got to take pictures of the environment
and take a peek at how is the previous teams doing it.
*Evil laughter*.


                              
Everyone peeking through the kitchen glass!

I wonder why is my hand red in this photo. Maybe because I am so hot. *tsssss....*



This café is a good place for selfie!


Yes indeed, i kinda love the environment in this café.
The walls are dressed up with pictures of charlie brown and snoopy,
not forgetting there are huge glass panels allowing natural sunlight to shine through,
and has a real comfortable feel to the whole place.

Next up, it's our turn!
We went into the kitchen to start our challenge.
We were guided by a young female chef named Nicole for our challenge.


Chef Nicole told us that we will be cooking pancakes 
and will be demonstrating how to only once. *gasp*

So we had to ensure we do not miss any nitty bitty details or it is going to cost us. 
We had to cook the pancakes within 5minutes.

I was taking photos and talking nonsense while my teammate *as usual*
Joey did the cooking and Weiting videoed the whole process.
We were first given a trial to do the pancakes


                   
Chef Nicole doing a demonstration for us

Chef Nicole was really patient in guiding us throughout.
Good chef whipping up good pancakes!

Next up!
Our chef Joey's turn !



Representing our team Iron chef - Joey


They say that pancakes are Western pratas (LOL)

Last but not least...
Adding a very important feature to this pancake!

.
.
.


Adding design to the pancake :D

Amazingly, Joey did so well for our first trial 
that Chef Nicole actually said that this could be our final product!

I was wondering should we go for a second attempt?
Well... we went ahead to present our first attempt and received a pretty awesome grade!
Anyways, we were so thankful for the Chef Nicole's guidance and Joey's skills. *claps*


The chef told us we got only five minutes to take our best shot. 
So we panicked like busy bees!
We rushed to grab all the necessary items and began snapping away.

I was not very experience to take photos so Joey and Weiting helped me with their DSLR 
(and I was like omg... why does everyone own a DSLR?!) 

I borrowed some of the cafe props to help in taking the best shot.




A snapshot with our pancakes!

Yeah we took a bite even before taking a group photo,
totally eager to taste the masterpiece!




Best Shot of the Day



After completing our challenge, I decided to explore around Charlie Brown Café.

My my...
When I began looking through the café,
I discovered this café has much more to offer!

Check out some of the snaps below!




An adorable cake with Charlie and Snoopy!







The classic Snoopy on his dog house cake!


Customised Snoppy cakes!



Even their tips box is so adorably designed!



Snoppy's way of saying 'I love you' Awww


Charlie and Snoopy related items that you buy!

Oh yah!
Not forgetting that this café even decorates it's exterior so interesting!
Look up just before you enter the café !


Snoopy is fishing for... Customers!



Now it's ... PHOTOS TIME!



With Chef Nicole and Team 6


Charlie Brown service crew members

Did i mentioned that these people are really friendly?
Gotten a chance to speak to them and they are always readily helping if needed.


Special thanks to the Boss of Charlie Brown and Skye


Very lastly, not forgetting to present a special guest

.
.
.

MissTamChiak ! 


MissTamChiak, Maureen.
a food blogger @ http://www.misstamchiak.com


Our experience during this challenge





Staaaaaay Smeeeeexy!


No comments:

Post a Comment